Workflow for screening
- Order Harmony Prenatal Test as early as 10 weeks. After Ultrasound to determine gestation length and 1 or 2 fetuses take a blood sample.
- Send blood sample for analysis using the Harmony specimen and transportation box for analysis in the United States.
- Receive e-mail that results are ready and download report.
The SUPERIOR ACCURACY and low false-positive rate of Harmony compared to traditional screening tests may minimize anxiety and invasive procedures caused by false-positive results.1-3
Integrating Harmony Prenatal Test into existing workflow
After confirmation of pregnancy, Harmony can be performed as early as 10 weeks gestation or later in pregnancy. Harmony can be performed with or without nuchal translucency (NT) ultrasound. Patient education needs are similar to those for other routine trisomy screening tests. NIPT is not a diagnostic test and confirmation of high probability results with invasive prenatal diagnostics (amniocentesis) is recommended.
Support for your practice
Should you have questions about integrating the Harmony test into your practice, Life Genomics representatives are available to help. Simply contact us by phone or e-mail and a company representative will follow-up to assist you.
Harmony is designed to assess probability for trisomy 21, 18, and 13 and sex chromosome aneuploidy. It cannot exclude all genetic defects nor detect every problem that may occur in pregnancy.
- Norton et al. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 23;372(17):1589-97.
- Wax et al. J Clin Ultrasound. 2015 Jan;43(1):1-6.
- Lou et al. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015;94(1):15-27.